Friday 22 December 2017

Maybe my last walk?

Last week, I completed a 61 mile solo walk from Oakington Barracks, north of Cambridge to Ipswich  - walking solo and sleeping rough at night just south of Long Melford.

It was hard, wet, and more difficult than I thought it would be, the last 20 miles were on quiet country roads, the sun came out but my shadow was scary- do I  really limp that much? The answer is probably - yes - and now I sit here with damaged feet, this may have been my last long walk - it was all for a good cause - over £2000 raised for Walking with the Wounded and their 'Walking home for Christmas' project.


Thanks to those who sponsored me but if you missed out you still have a chance to donate here.

Just a few pictures from my trip:


My rations for the walk


Oakington Barracks - Main Gate, changed a bit since 1979!

Pub in Oakington Village

First stop, 10 miles in, by the river in Cambridge


Small horse!



Christmas village - Fenn Ditton


Lunch

Tory cutbacks? Only one pole?


Dinner - pub in Clare


On my way, day 2


Only meal on day 2, coke and a Scotch Egg - meal of champions!



Home!

No comments: