The information was not just about the proposed Orwell Crossing but about a public information day that the Tory run County Council are hosting.
It is good news that the County are hosting such an event but you would think they would make more effort to inform residents that are holding such an event, it is as if they do not really want to hear what residents think about the crossing!
Many of us still have questions to be answered till we can fully back the scheme, questions such as:
- What will this do for pollution and air quality?
- Will our journey times to work, really be any quicker?
- Without bus priority measures, what will be the effect on the reliability of bus services held up in extra traffic?
- Will the new bridge be used by heavy vehicles?
- Would the money be spent on bringing forward plans for a Northern link road?
I am sure you have many questions on the crossing yourself - if you do, then get along to Dance East on the Waterfront on Tuesday 6 March, the information event will run from noon to 7pm.
Our Labour candidate for Holywells Ward, Ruman Muhith has set up a facebook page for the event, where you can find out more details - https://www.facebook.com/events/564659220568604/