Sunday 16 December 2012

My week ahead 17 - 23 December 2012

Monday 17 December, 8pm – Labour Group, Christmas Dinner

Tuesday 18 December, 9am – Finance meeting with Head at Sidegate Primary School

Wednesday 19 December, 9.30am – Planning Meeting
5pm – Meeting about Murray Rd Recreation Ground

Thursday 20 December, 6pm – East Housing Meeting

This week I have had a number of meetings about providing youth activities on Rushmere Estate in 2013, I hope to be able to announce some good news about this in January.

Friday, I joined local community campaigners in Whitby Road. Gemma Farrow a local resident hopes to have Whitby Rd declared a ‘no cold call zone’. I went out with her on Friday to ask residents what they thought we were joined by local police, Suffolk trading standards plus Sandra Gage. Sandra is a ‘community champion’ who was the force behind Meadowvale Close becoming a ‘no cold call zone’.




The good news for Rushmere Residents is that Sandra will be joining Tracy Grant, I and the local North East Ipswich Labour team in 2013, campaigning on a number of issues that affect Rushmere residents.

On Thursday, I have my last meeting before Christmas, the East Ipswich Housing meeting, interesting to see if the Tory and Lib Dems councillors turn up ( they have failed to attend the last two meetings) always a good meeting as we have a great group of residents covering the whole of the east of Ipswich on the committee with us.

No comments: