Wednesday 28 March 2012

Top of the Policies - Defence and security


On Monday I presented policy that I hope may go towards the future Defence policy of the next Labour Government - I had two minutes to submit my policy- calling for a complete overhaul of the Territorial Army.

On the vote afterward, I was not a winner with a Reservist soldier and labour activist, Dan Fox winning with his policy thoughts for 'Cyber Defence'

It was an informative and also fun evening, and slightly nerve racking as I was one of 13 speakers and two were sitting MP's.

The event was chaired by Jim Murphy the Shadow Defence Minister, and there was £75 behind the bar! So no £250,000 to speak to a shadow Minister needed. wonder what Dr Liam Fox would have charged?

The evening was one of a number of events run by Pragmatic Radicalism along with Labour Friends of the Forces.

No comments: