Sunday 19 June 2011

My week ahead 20 - 26 June 2011



Monday 20 June - 10am Armed Forces Day - Town Hall and Grafton House
2pm North East Ipswich Partnership meeting
6pm Labour Group meeting



Armed Forces Day - my first one - Sangin, Afghanistan 2009


Tuesday 21 June - 5pm Sidegate Primary School, Steering Committee meeting

Wednesday 22 June - 7pm North East Ipswich Forum meeting, St John's Baptist Church, Cauldwell Hall Road - come along to hear about Neighbourhood Watch and a Policing Priority update

Thursday 23 June - 10.30am - Military Funeral, Weston Super Mare

Last week gave me an opportunity to meet a number of local community groups, starting with local Scout Groups on Monday and finishing with attending the Colchester Road Allotment Open Day.

Thursday saw the first Scrutiny meeting of the Municipal year and it looks like all those present seem keen to make scrutiny work. This should benefit all Ipswich residents.

Friday was a day I would wish to forget, I was at the opening of the new Profiles Gym at Northgate High School. the equipment (and the enthusiasm to use it by the pupils) should have made me leave the opening with a smile but after I was beaten in a sporting challenge by the Northgate Head Teacher, I left knowing that I needed to start to work on my fitness!

I started my new fitness campaign on Saturday by campaigning in South East Ipswich - Ascot Road is quite hilly!

No comments: