Sunday 26 June 2011

My week ahead 27 June - 2 July

Monday 27 June - 6pm Full Council meeting, I will be speaking on the motion to allow members of HM Forces to use Ipswich sports and leisure facilities for free.

Tuesday 28 June - 7pm - Sidegate Primary School Full Governing Body meeting

Saturday 2 July - 10.30am Campaigning in North Ipswich
2pm Attending the Broomhill Trust fete.

Last Monday was a busy day, starting at Grafton House as we unfurled the Armed Forces Day flag, in the afternoon it was a meeting at the local Police SNT HQ at Heath Rd and then it was straight to meeting looking at the plans for the arrival of the Olympic torch in Ipswich. Finally it was the Labour Group meeting.

Tuesday I was at Sidegate Primary School where we are looking at ways to help pupils achieve as much as they can academically at the school.

I then spent two days in the west country at a funeral of a former military comrade. Saturday was campaigning day and I joined a team of Labour Party activists in Castle Hill Ward. what was noticeable was that many houses have kept their 'Save our Libraries' posters up- obviously still do not trust the Tory County Council - even with Pembroke gone, NSD dead and Ms Hill away.

The sun came out today and I was joined by my daughter at the St Peters Street Summer market, a fantastic little event that I am sure we as a council can help improve. On the way home I stopped at the 'Goals' centre at the New Suffolk College, not sure the footballers appreciated the arrival of the heatwave! 20 teams were taking part in a community football tournament organised by the North East Ipswich SNT Police team. I will be hoping to get a team up next year!

No comments: