Wednesday 15 February 2012

Golden Key - second planning application


Back in October I helped local residents in their campaign to stop Greene King building a supermarket on the site of the Golden Key pub in Woodbridge Road.

The application was turned down but Greene King have now put in a second application - more details here.

Please contact me with your views on the planning proposal to put a supermarket on the site, I have heard from residents both for and against the proposal, but even those in favour of a store are concerned about the traffic congestion that may be created at what is already a busy junction.

Other than two more windows on the side of the building, there seems to have been very few changes to the original application. I am disappointed that Greene King have not used the last few months to enter into a full consultation with their neighbours. A missed opportunity.

E mail your views by the 20th February - alasdairross@hotmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am worried about increased congestion. The junction already gets clogged up at busy times.

As a local resident (my garden backs on to the pub car park) I am also worried about the extended hours of opening. The application suggests it would be open from 7am. Factor in deliveries before this time and that doesn't sound like a lot of sleep!

I think the location has the potential for a thriving pub (look at the fat cat round the corner) but has suffered from years of underinvestment. Another "good" pub would be a benefit to the local area. Too many have closed down.