Sunday 15 May 2011

My week ahead, 16-22 May 2011


A new weekly update for my constituents, telling you what I will be doing this week on your behalf and an update on previous weeks.

Monday 16th May - 2.00pm North East Ipswich Partnership meeting - a meeting with local police, councillors, schools and Council Officers.

6.30pm - Ipswich Labour Group meeting - deciding who will be the portfolio holders for the forthcoming year.

Wednesday 18th May - 6.00pm - Annual Council Meeting - Grand Hall, Corn Exchange - voting in the executive and Leader plus Mayor Making for the 2011/12 Municipal Year.

Last week, we had our first Labour Group meeting and I also attended a meeting at Sidegate Primary school, where I had the chance to discuss future plans for the school with the new Head Teacher.

On Monday, I also met Ed Balls, Labour MP and Shadow Chancellor, he came to congratulate Ipswich Councilors on regaining the control of Ipswich Borough Council, it was also great to have fellow Rushmere Ward Labour Councillor, Tracey Grant alongside me to meet Ed.

No comments: