Friday 2 November 2012

Ipswich will remember


Ipswich will remember – this is the time of year that we all wear our poppy and remember those who have served our country.

For those of us who have served in our Armed Forces it is a time when we remember close friends who made the ultimate sacrifice.

I will be at the Cenotaph in Christchurch Park next Sunday and then afterwards I will follow the family tradition of having a pint in the ‘Woolpack’

I will then lift a glass to those who I served with both in the Green Jackets and the Rifles who lost their lives in Active service.

To those like Paul Harding who I served with in the same group of six NCO’s in Winchester in 1988. He was an inspiration then and continues to be an influence on the way I try and lead my life.




“When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today”

Kohima Epitaph

No comments: